Great Fund Insights podcast: Spotlight on opportunities in alternative investments in the Middle East
This timely discussion is part of a series of Allen & Overy conversations on opportunities in alternative investments across our global funds network.
Partner, Nick Smith and counsel, Kamar Jaffer, both based in Dubai, put the spotlight on the Middle East as they discuss opportunities in alternative investments and market trends from the manager and investor perspective.
Topics discussed in this podcast include:
- Recent trends in the Middle East fund raising environment
- How managers have navigated the challenges of Covid-19
- Investment strategies and opportunities in the Middle East
- The trends and demand for Shari’a-compliant funds
- The trends on domicile and fund vehicles
- Flexibility in governance and economic terms to navigate challenging markets
- The industry’s emphasis on ESG
- Models being used to attract institutional capital
- Outlook for 2021 and beyond
This Great Fund Insights podcast will be of interest to sovereign wealth funds, institutional investors, family offices, fund managers and portfolio companies with a focus on the Middle East.