October 18, 2021
The European Union’s Taxonomy Regulation, which provides a common classification framework for defining the environmental sustainability of business activity, is intended to help promote ‘green’ investment and help the EU to accelerate its transition to a sustainable economy. In practice, it has created a set of formidable challenges for companies, banks and the broader investment community on how to identify, align and report their activities.
In this podcast, Shruti Ajitsaria, partner and head of Fuse, A&O’s tech innovation space, is joined by Matt Townsend, partner and co-head of A&O’s global environment and climate law group, Elizabeth Gillam, head of EU government relations and public policy at Invesco, and Alexander Stevens, CEO of Greenomy, to discuss the goals and scope of the EU’s Taxonomy Regulation, its reporting requirements and the practical issues that organisations should consider.
October 14, 2021
In our latest podcast our team of A&O experts bring you up to speed with the key issues companies secretaries and their teams need to think about when preparing for their next Annual Report and AGM. These include:
- new requirements for annual reports this year, including in relation to climate related financial disclosures and the European Single Electronic Format (ESEF)
- proposed changes to the Listing Rules and the Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules in relation to diversity reporting, and developing market practice in this area
- executive remuneration and remuneration reporting, including the growing trend for ESG-metrics in companies’ long-term performance conditions, linked to remuneration outcomes
- best practice for AGMs in 2022
- climate-related AGM resolutions
Related contacts: Paul McCarthy, Matthew Townsend, Kate Astley, Victoria Rankmore, Isabella Kelly, Katie James
October 11, 2021
As the MiFID Review progresses at the UK and EU level, our financial services regulatory experts will be analysing the proposals. In the first of a series of podcasts, we take a look at what HM Treasury is proposing in the context of the transparency regime in their Wholesale Markets Review.
Related contacts: Damian Carolan, Nick Bradbury, Oonagh Harrison, Kelesi Blundell
October 7, 2021
How will recent legislative updates in Germany affect patent litigation? In this podcast, Partner Stephan Neuhaus and Associate Erin Currie, both members of our intellectual property team, discuss the injunction gap, proportionality and final injunctions