Light Detection and Ranging sensors (“LiDAR”) provide a form of “sight” to AVs that generate massive amounts of data these vehicles can use to “think” about their driving. In the second installment of Paul Keller’s podcast series ‘Propel’ about self-driving cars, Paul is joined by Harriet Ravenscroft and Niall McCarroll, two members of Allen & Overy’s internal scientific team, to introduce this remarkable sensor technology and the AI it powers that is enabling self-driving cars to fulfill their potential.
Great Fund Insights: Measuring ESG in real asset funds – benchmarking, disclosure and driving better practice
In this podcast, Dominic von Wulffen, partner in our Funds & Asset Management Group, speaks with Steve Pringle, Director of EMEA at GRESB. They discuss how GRESB validates the quality and accuracy of ESG data that managers and investors report as well as other issues including:
- The key elements of measuring ESG performance;
- GRESB’s approach to reporting and benchmarking against the EU's action plan for sustainable growth and the forthcoming EU regulations; and
- ESG assessments and benchmarking to create change in the "real world".
In the latest installment of Billy Jacobson’s podcast series, Anti-corruption conversations, Billy and Bruce Yannett take an inside look at the landmark Siemens FCPA case. Billy worked on the case while at the DOJ and Bruce led the Siemens internal investigation into the corruption scandal that resulted in the first case brought concurrently by the U.S. and another country’s regulator. The discussion reveals how German and U.S. prosecutors eventually came to trust and rely on the findings of Siemens’s own internal investigation, which was extremely rare at the time, in reaching their own conclusions about Siemens.
This is the first episode of what will be a regular podcast – In Credit – where the A&O team cover recent trends and updates in Consumer Credit and Retail.
In this podcast financial services regulatory lawyers Jo Owens, Victoria Ferres and Sophie Skeet will discuss the FCA’s finalised guidance published on 14 September relating to branch and ATM closures or conversions. In particular:
- an overview of the finalised guidance and key points for consideration
- expectations on and actions required by firms
- where the guidance does and does not apply.
For more information on this or any related topics, please get in touch with the speakers, or your usual A&O contact.
In this podcast our team of A&O experts cover the key issues company secretaries and their teams need to think about when preparing for their next AGM and Annual Report including:
- best practice for AGMs in 2021;
- virtual and hybrid meetings;
- updates to articles of association;
- reporting on the year of the pandemic;
- diversity, including the Parker Review;
- executive remuneration and remuneration reports; and
- environmental reporting and climate change.
To find out more about the support we can provide for AGMs and Annual Reports and details of some of our key value-added services please download our brochure.